RECOGNISING OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
All of our practices are members of the British Dental Association’s Good Practice Scheme – the leading quality assurance framework for UK dental practices.
This means that our practices are committed to keeping up to date with and providing quality dental care to nationally agreed standards of good practice in order to provide the best care for you- our patients.
By displaying the current year on the Good Practice Scheme plaque, this demonstrates that our practice membership of the Scheme is up-to-date.
The Scope of the BDA Good Practice Scheme
- Carefully look at the service that is provided and compare it against nationally recognised standards of good practice for patient care
- Be assessed by the British Dental Association
- Regularly carry out internal checks on working methods
- Make the Good Practice Scheme commitment
- The BDA Good Practice Scheme Practice Quality Statement
As part of the Good Practice Scheme all members of our dental team have made this commitment:
- We involve our patients in all aspects of their care and ensure that their needs and preferences are considered and that they can take informed decisions
- We ensure a safe environment by undertaking risk assessments and managing potential hazards within the practice. We follow current guidelines for preventing cross- infection
- We recruit staff that are competent to undertake the duties associated with their role and provide training where required. We encourage on-going professional development for all members of our team
- We monitor the quality of the services we provide and seek the views of our patients to identify opportunities for improvement
Care Quality Commission
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England.
They make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and they encourage care services to improve. They monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and they publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care.
This includes the regulation of Dental Practices. Thorpe Dental Group are registered with the CQC and we have now had 2 inspections across all three of our sites.
If you would like to read the reports from our last inspection, please follow this link: Thorpe Dental Group Limited
We hope that you are always satisfied with our service. We are happy to receive positive feedback as well as suggestions on developing our service to patients.
For further information on the BDA Good Practice Scheme the please click on the following link to take you to the BDA website: bda.org